- Full-time ongoing role located in Dubbo
- Salary from $97k + super
- Newly formed agency focused on assisting and supporting regional and rural NSW.
The Department of Regional NSW is currently looking for a Finance Analyst to join the Business Advisory & Finance team.
In this busy and deadline-driven role you'll be responsible for providing accurate financial data and records including:
- Maintaining financial and statistical reporting requirements, such as the customer relationship management program and case tracking
- Completing complex balance sheet reconciliations (supported by the subsidiary ledger), as well as investigating and resolving any anomalies
- Coordinating month and year-end processing and close procedures
- Working with internal and external auditors; including the preparation and review of reports, reconciliations, and samples for the Audit Office
- Overseeing the records management process to ensure State record management legislation compliance
- Monitoring Branch bank accounts to ensure effective management of cash flow forecasts and the timely clearance of unallocated items
Your success within this role will hinge on not just your ability to provide accurate financial data support, but also your commitment and ability to work with non-negotiable deadlines in an often high-pressure environment - so your ability and willingness to be flexible and adapt to change is a must.
You will be able to juggle multiple competing priorities, be a stickler for the details, and enjoy being given autonomy to deliver your work, whilst also being part of a collaborative & supportive team.
Advanced MS Excel and experience using financial systems such as SAP is also required.
How to Apply:It's simple! Just apply via the online application process, attaching a resume and cover letter which outlines how your skills and experience matches what we are looking for. We will then get back in touch after the closing date.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd November 2020 @ 11.55pm.
For further information please contact Paul Watkins via email@example.com. You can also download the Role Description.
About us:The Department of Regional NSW was formed in 2020 as a central agency for regional issues. The Department has responsibility for building resilient regional economies and communities, strengthening primary industries, managing the use of regional land, overseeing the state's mineral and mining resources and ensuring government investment in regional NSW is fair and delivers positive outcomes for local communities and businesses.
Additional Information:A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
Inclusion and Flexible Working:We strive to reflect the community we serve and encourage our people to explore new ways of working across regional NSW. We are open to arrangements that help individuals balance their work and life commitments. We embrace difference and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We understand that everyone is different and you may require adjustments to apply. Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss how we may be able to assist you.