An opportunity has arisen at a well known manufacturing business based in South Devon. They are looking to recruit and strong Financial Controller / Finance Manager to lead a team and be a key point of contact for the rest of the business.
A well know manufacturer based in South Devon, part of a larger group with a strong reputation in the South West.
Reporting into the Site Director and Divisional Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the overall running of the finances for the Devon site. Leading a team of 9, responsibilities will include:
Management information. The timely and accurate preparation of
- Weekly reports
- Weekly cash flow information / forecasting
- Monthly reports and management accounts to tight deadlines
- Monthly reporting pack
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Monthly flash
- Management accounts forecasting adjusted quarterly
- Management accounts
- Year-end pack and supporting reports
- Tax pack and supporting documents
- Management of year-end audit schedules and correspondence.
- Preparation for and management of audit
Budgeting / forecasting
- Annual budget schedules
- Current year quarterly forecast adjustments
- 3 year plan
Proactive support of the management team identifying key issues and suggesting solutions.
Work closely with sales support department on costings / quotes, order release, credit cover etc.
Strong stock management
- Review stock turns / provisions
- Management of slow moving / obsolete stock to ensure stock levels are maintained at acceptable levels and stock write offs are kept to a minimum.
Review PI reports
Identify required system reports and improvements of controls
Management of Trade accounts team (9 persons).
- Manufacturing experience
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Commercially minded
- Track record in driving change
- Used to working within a large group
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to flex daily / weekly routine to meet ad hoc reporting requests / projects
- Ability to work with other company / group disciplines
- Good communicator both verbal and written
- Experience at presenting and speaking at high level management meetings
- High level excel skills / data manipulation.
- Good IT / systems knowledge
- Team Player with good people skills