Manager Risk and Control Advisory and Delivery
Business Banking (BB) Finance is a divisional finance team within the Financial Services division. BB Finance provides management information, forecast analysis, business advice and insight to our business partners. We are also responsible for providing a strong financial control framework.
See yourself in our team
Line 1 Risk team supports BB Finance by empowering the team to make risk informed decisions in achieving its objectives. We do this by helping the team to assess its risks and maintaining a sound control environment. In supporting BB Finance, we work closely with FinOps, ES Group Operations, Advisory Services (Group Security, Group Audit), and our partners across Line 1 Risk (BB Product & Channels, and Finance Operational Risk & Control) and Line 2 Risk (Group Operational Risk, Group Support Services, and BB Risk Management.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Safeguarding that strong controls are in place and decisions are well informed, timely and socialised
- Providing an end to end risk and control service, including the effective design & implementation of controls, ensuring the operational risk & compliance frameworks are effectively implemented
- Ensuring each BU LT has the right level of comfort and governance within their risk environment
Do work that matters
- Delivering high quality risk/control support and expertise including reporting on operational risk and control profiles, issues, incidents and other matters and supporting the impacted BU’s in executing on their remediation plans
- Ensuring risks are profiled and captured in the Risk Profile (RCSA) and updated when risk trigger events occur and ensuring integrity of data quality in/maintain various databases (including RiskInSite) and monthly management reporting
- Manage root cause analysis of issues and incidents, identifying and implementing control improvements and working with the impacted BU’s to properly remediate control failures/issues in accordance with the Group’s Issue & Compliance Management Standards
- Effective design of controls for all new and changing processes and operations, and support the business through the implementation
- Conduct and manage Control Assurance Program (CAP) testing, including the development of test scripts, and report on assurance findings
- Prepare information to support the strategic planning process and conduct analysis, tracking and reporting on the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS)
- Work effectively with Line 2 colleagues to determine optimal course of action to remediate any significant data integrity issues within the BU/SU.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Ability to analyse/identify risks and opportunities and recommend appropriate actions
- Influencing, facilitation and consulting skills, the ability to confidently engage and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to think critically and analytically and use data driven insights to solve problems
- Controls design experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the risk and control environment and risk practices in the Financial Services environment; Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks would be advantageous
- CA/CPA qualified
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 23/11/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.