Head of Unit Registry Australia, Vice President
Who we are looking for
The role of the Head of Unit Registry Australia is responsible for the effective management of the unit including staff management, development and execution of departmental and organizational strategy. There is an increased level of accountability in this role for results in the areas of employee, strategy risk management and cost. You will create a clear vision for the department you are responsible for, articulate that vision, passionately own it and relentlessly drive it to completion.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Unit Registry Australia you will
- Formulate a departmental strategy that creates and leverages business opportunities
- Manage service expectations and maintain effective working relationships with clients both externally and internally
- Provide strong representation on industry wide boards and committees contributing to industry related topics on behalf of the State Street group
- Ensure full compliance with the corporate Risk Policy, Standard Operating Procedures, relevant legislation and regulatory requirements (adherence to AML/CTF rules/policies/proficient in Australian tax distribution components, CRS/FATCA and RG97 implications to investors).
- Manage the design and implementation of new business transfers and registry operational strategy
- Manage budget and expenses requirements for the unit
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Significant Client Relationship Management is essential for this role
- Strong working knowledge of implementing a control environment
- Strong working knowledge of industry including regulations, AML clients etc.
- Significant change management experience
- Strong Project Management skills, experience in large transitions or large clients take on
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area and relevant working experience
- 12-15 years Fund Administration experience (preferable 10 years with Transfer Agency in all disciplines (NAV/TA)
- Professional Qualification in Accountancy desirable
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.