Finance Manager - Decision Support
The Enterprise Services Finance team supports the Enterprise Services Business Unit. The team enables quality decision making by the CIO, and the Enterprise Services and Business Unit Leadership teams through:
- Insightful analysis and recommendations on key business initiatives
- Insightful analysis of investment performance
- Enabling long-term strategic actions through accurate forecasting of business drivers and scenario analysis
- Supporting major change programs from concept to execution, ensuring efficient allocation of the Group’s resources
- Supporting the risk management framework through the continued enhancement of the control environment
The ES Finance Decision Support team is responsible for:
- The provision of commercial and financial support to aid business leaders in the appropriate allocation project investment funds to meet the Group’s financial and operational goals.
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights that help driver better business performance. This will include the identification of cost efficiency measures, providing objective analysis of investments and underlying trends that may represent emerging issues. Contributing to wider ES Finance team goals including ad-hoc analysis and other team initiatives
- CommBank is widely regarded as the leader in technology amongst its peers. This role will assist in facilitating investment decisions by the business while ensuring appropriate risk management controls are in place by identifying potential risk areas and assisting the business in growing profitably and safely.
Your Impact & Contribution
The outputs from your work will be discussed at CBA’s Executive Committee and Enterprise Services Leadership Team. You are part of a team that is responsible for the preparation of forward looking financial information for this Business Unit.
You will be required to work closely with Group Finance, ES PMO and ES Strategy teams along with the Enterprise Services business to help guide and support them in understanding the financial performance of the proposed initiatives and drive the right outcomes for the Group.
To support outstanding customer service, the role will need to manage a wide range of stakeholders at once.
- Partnering with the ES Business in the development of robust business cases that reflect the expected financial and operational outcomes of any given project/initiative
- Assess investment and operational opportunities through the provision of financial advice, modelling and insight.
- Provide insightful analysis in the Group project portfolio prioritisation process
- Provide general financial management and analysis to the ES business, ES Finance GMs, ES Finance CFO & Group Finance. The successful applicant will be required to provide high level analysis around project financials, offering insights and improvement solutions to the business.
- Helping the business optimise performance and achieve performance targets, including active support for and involvement in continuous improvement and productivity initiatives.
- Oversight of project expenditure and forecasting
- Identifying and escalating issues and ensuring appropriate risk management and financial control practices are in place.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
Your Skills & Experience
- This role requires strong financial skills along with high levels of commercial acumen
- The ability to guide, advise and influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong eye for detail with the ability to distil key messages and bring insight
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Academic and appropriate professional qualifications in finance, or significant experience in finance and commerce functions.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/10/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.