Team Leader, Accounts Receivables
Team Leader – Accounting, Accounts Receivable
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the AR Team Lead overseas the Credit Collections team and is responsible to support strategic credit control and collection framework, providing effective credit risk management and driving collections performance. It includes but not limited to, project implementations, building high performing teams and business partnering.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Accounts Receivables duties in line with the company’s credit policies and procedures.
- Perform periodic review of credit limits on customer accounts
- Ensures orders are managed and released timely in accordance to guidelines
- Compile and maintain accurate and complete accounts receivable records in Collections system to include contacts, status of past due, and any disputes identified
- Work cross-functionally with FP&A, Commercial and Customer Services teams to resolve any outstanding discrepancies on AR
- Supervising team members to maximize success in achieving team goals for Cash targets, DSO and any other metrics
- Participate in trainings to engage non-finance teams in finance related compliance and processes
- Assist in establishing and maintaining appropriate internal controls to ensure 100% SOX compliance
- Participate in various finance projects and initiatives to drive process improvements
- Accomplish accounting human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
Other AR accounting tasks include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations, and financial reporting packages
- Reviewing SAB104 for revenue recognition, and ensuring that transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with policies in the proper accounting periods
- Reviewing monthly ageing reports ad analysis
- Monitoring credit reviews using financial and/or relevant reports
- Managing various audits
- Other ad-hoc duties as required and/or assigned.
- Accounting qualification (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accountancy)
- 6 years B2B Accounts Receivable experience, preferably from multinational companies including 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills in English. Comfortable and adept at presenting to various people including stakeholders, senior management and external customers
- Possess effective problem solving skills and able to multitask efficiently
- Highly organized and independent with proven ability in leading successful teams
- Has high level of integrity
- Strong proficiency in programs such as MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Skills and Attributes
- Highly curious and attentive to details
- Ensures billing, collections and cash applications are performed timely and accurately
- Able to lead teams to exceed departmental KPI’s.
Owns the Customer
- Is internal customer-centric
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” atttude
Find a Better Way
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has high agility, comfortable and excellent in change management
- Able to look at multiple angles to resolve problems in an efficient manner by leveraging on process improvements and automations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
We are in a dynamic working environment and are proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.