Process for the Acceptance of Clients & Engagements Controller – L4 Senior Manager/ L3 Manager
Process for the Acceptance of Clients & Engagements Controller – L4 Senior Manager/ L3 Manager - PACE Client & Engagement Continuance & Acceptance, Newcastle Delivery Centre
Within the professional services environment, application of effective client and financial risk management is fundamental to both successful delivery of client services and promotion of our brand.
Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which enable the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
The Delivery Centre PACE (Process for the Acceptance of Clients & Engagements) team is a new team which is being established within the Newcastle Delivery Centre to centralise and standardise the PACE process across clients and engagements within EY.
The centralised PACE team will support EY in execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures around client & engagement continuance & acceptance. The PACE controller will input into the development, maintenance, communication and training of key risk management policies. The PACE controller will also provide advice on risk matters and monitor application of policies whilst overseeing the SSC team in Newcastle Delivery Centre.
There is an opening for a Manager or Senior Manager to join the existing Newcastle Delivery Centre management team with specific ownership, set up and development and ongoing oversight of the centralised PACE team. This is a new team in Newcastle supporting EY's UK businesses with the first line of PACE completion.
The role will include being the first line subject matter expert on client & engagement continuance & acceptance, EY's risk management procedures in this area and the IT systems used to support these processes.
Your key responsibilities
You will work with others to establish excellent standards of work in a team environment setting up and leading a team of seven individuals.
This role will report to the Senior Hub Controller within the Delivery Centre in Newcastle and work closely with the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) team who are responsible for assessing risks on new and existing clients relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and fraud. You will ensure the team are kept up to date with legal, regulatory and industry practice developments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing the new centralised PACE team within the Delivery Centre in Newcastle
- Work with EY offices across the UK to onboard and centralise PACE procedures into the PACE team within the Delivery Centre in Newcastle
- Establish robust, efficient and high-quality processes and procedures for completion of PACE
- Day to day ongoing managerial responsibility in the planning and delivery of PACE to offices across the UK
- Oversee the review and maintenance of client and engagement on-boarding and monitoring procedures and assess engagement risk
- Train, coach and develop team members including mentoring and counselling of individuals
- Working with EY’s Quality & Risk Management team to ensure compliance with risk management procedures and protocol in relation to PACE completion
- Responsibility for achievement of PACE team key performance indicators
- Senior stakeholder management
Skills and attributes for success
EY create the highest performing teams and as such we are looking for an individual who:
- Experience managing and developing others
- Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
- Strong personal communication skills, capable of dealing with a wide range of staff
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge of financial risk management
- Possesses a strong financial background
- Has proven experience in a similar role including the management of a small team in a managed services environment
- Is able to effectively deliver and evidence the production of high quality and compliant work
- Works well under pressure and delivers within tight deadlines
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues and has a commitment to team-work
- Has a commitment to continuous improvement and to develop in to the role
To qualify for the role you will ideally have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Degree-level education
- Ideally, a relevant accounting qualification (ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA)
Who we seek:
We are looking for a Financial Crime Manager with experience working in a large, matrixed environment with a strong track record of success particularly in building and implementing processes and controls.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
To apply for this role please click the following link and send us a copy of your CV.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.