Associate / Consultant / Manager, Indirect Tax - Global Trade (Customs and International Trade)
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International, as well as Transaction Tax Services.
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated Indirect Tax – Global Trade (Customs and International Trade) professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to help clients identify customs duty risks and opportunities. You will help us provide effective processes and reduce cost in transactions for our clients.
Your key responsibilities
You will assist with delivering the full suite of EY Global Trade services to clients which includes:
- Developing and executing strategies to manage customs duty costs
- Reducing the cost of import and export compliance operations
- Utilizing off shore global delivery services
- Implementing and utilizing global trade automation software systems
- Utilizing free-trade agreements, special programs, and transactional structuring
- Proactively managing the risks of global trade, improving international trade compliance and increasing the operational effectiveness of supply chains
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication, written and organizational skills
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
- Ability to work in a team
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Preferably 1 year of relevant experience for Associate; 5years for Senior Consultant; 8 years for Managerial level. Relevant experience can include being in a consulting firm and commercial environment, operating in supply chain, trade operations, etc.
- Fluency in English – written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
- Interest in developing as a Global Trade professional
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in any additional language(s)
- Accreditation by SIATP
- Strong IT skills
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions, and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.