Associate / Consultant / Senior Consultant, International Tax Services (Transfer Pricing)
Our global transfer pricing practice is recognized as a market leader in advising on relevant aspects of intercompany transactions. We offer depth of experience through a worldwide network of dedicated transfer pricing economists and tax professionals.
You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Join our transfer pricing professionals to help clients build, manage, document, review and defend transfer pricing policies and processes — aligning them with business strategy. You’ll work with organizations to build the proactive, pragmatic and integrated strategies that address the tax risks of today’s businesses and help companies achieve the highest potential.
Your key responsibilities
- Preparing transfer pricing policy, planning reports and documentation to substantiate transfer pricing position taken
- Assisting with application for and negotiation of rulings and Advanced Pricing Agreements (APAs) where clients would like up-front certainty on transfer pricing positions
- Transfer pricing planning, including Operating Model Effectiveness projects that seek to obtain tax benefits from business restructuring
- Acting as the preferred advisor to multinational companies, addressing ad hoc transfer pricing queries
Skills and attributes for success
- Analyzing information, applying economic and financial knowledge to client situations, and developing effective approaches to clients' financial circumstances
- Taking a lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans
- Developing and delivering transfer pricing and economic ideas with timely, responsive services and work products, and identify opportunities for transfer pricing and other services
- Managing transfer pricing engagements and business development initiatives
- Assisting in managing engagement economics by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Build strong internal relationships within the transfer pricing team and across other services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree, preferably in economic, finance, law, tax or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in transfer pricing
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
Ideally, you also have
- High Japanese language proficiency
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.