Asset Servicing Sr Supervisor
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
The Asset Servicing Sr Supv provides leadership and supervisory responsibility for medium-sized operational/administrative team(s)) of clerical/support employees. Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own technical/subject area and a basic knowledge of other areas in order to understand how they relate to own area. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub-function/ job family. Improves process efficiencies in support of unit objectives. Requires a basic conceptual/ practical grounding in policies as they apply to the business. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Influences decisions through advice, counsel, facilitating services to others or through joint accountability for volume, quality and timeliness of end results. No direct responsibility for financial or resource planning. Work generally affects own team as well as other closely related work teams. Full supervisory responsibilities. Including duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- This role will manage reconciling and processing positions related to Corporate Action events
- These activities include revisions of communications, notifications and facilitating postings for Corporate Action or Proxy events
- Supervises a small team consisting of support staff
- Delegates and supervises straightforward tasks
- Recommends personnel actions such as hiring, discipline, performance evaluations, promotion, compensation adjustments and termination
- Creates and monitors appropriate metrics for the team managed
- Supervises overall operating efficiency
- Applies working knowledge of technical and professional principles and concepts and in depth knowledge of team objectives
- Supervises the quality and service of self and others; network/navigate within the organization in order to troubleshoot escalated issues and bring appropriate closure
- Identifies any opportunity for implementation process improvements, and service or technology enhancements. Identifies control deficiencies and implement appropriate procedures
- Trains staff on new procedures or technology enhancements
- Creates, develops and maintains business relationships
- Finds opportunities to reduce expenses
- Applies basic understanding of how own area integrates within own subject area
- Makes evaluative judgments to solve problems based on analysis of factual information; resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents
- Direct impact by ensuring the quality of tasks provided by self and others on team are completed
- Exchanges ideas and information in a concise and logical manner with tact and sensitivity to audience diversity
- May act as backup for manager and perform other duties as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- ACCA certificate would be an additional asset
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.