Risk Assurance - Senior Manager
A career within Internal Audit services will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
As a valued member of the team you will be delivering services to some of the leading companies on the island, which includes some well-known international organizations. Your client portfolio will include a mix of:
- Global reinsurers and local insurance companies;
- Banking and asset management clients; and
- Private Client Services
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Required skills and experience:
- More than ten years relevant Risk Assurance experience with strong working knowledge of internal audit, data privacy, cybersecurity, internal controls frameworks, regulatory compliance and enterprise wide risk management framework ;
- An appropriate professional qualification, such as CISA/CA/CPA/ACA. Candidates with other professional or academic qualifications and appropriate professional experience will also be considered;
- Be well-versed in commercial insurance and have a proven business development experience in this primary market;
- Having wider FS experience (funds and banking) is an asset;
- Proven relationship building and business development experience with strong client focus mindset and significant experience dealing with clients and ability to develop and build a client base;
- Proven ability to coach more junior team members through an assignment;
- Consulting and data analytics experience is a plus;
- Highly organised, dedicated and self-motivated;
- Excellent proven communication, interpersonal, time management and report writing skills;
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.