Financial Reporting Internship (Part-Time Spring Semester)
Join State Street Corporation as a part-time intern during the Spring semester in our Kansas City office. Responsibilities for the internship are below:
- Prepare client financial statements, NQs Form N-MFP, N-SAR etc. and process comments as necessary; assists with draft and support distribution to client and auditors
- Log any issues that impact the financial statement process with internal parties and follow up with resolution
- Perform line by line and footing of typeset documents and assists in the coordination of comments to the printer
- Prepare closing entries for Accounting
- Perform the following functions to facilitate financial statement preparation: input various data elements and comparison of financial data related to prior period financial statements, maintain security detail in financial reporting database.
- Prepare first draft of semi-annual and annual Form N-SAR.
- Supports expense budgeting and analysis by verifying data related to expense payments, accruals and postings.
- Perform compliance testing in relation to prospectus, SEC, IRS and board approved operating requirements.
- Prepare fund surveys.
- Requests and prints various client related reports.
- May perform additional ad hoc reconciliations and board reports.
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Other duties as required
As an Intern, you must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as you will be in a collaborative, team-oriented environment where professional cooperation is a leading factor of success.
We are seeking individuals with a strong internal drive and motivation – self-starters who are deadline-driven and highly proficient at multitasking.
Furthermore, we are seeking individuals who will emulate our organization’s professionalism, as confidentiality, competence and general maturity is essential when handling our clients’ business.
Additional requirements of the Internship include:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or full-time Master's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics-related major
- Experience with securities processing, general ledger accounting and financial statement review is a plus
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications)
- Ability to work 20 hours per week during Spring semester in our Kansas City office
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.