Sr. Analyst, APAC CAO
Senior Analyst (2VP), Business Strategy, Chief Administrative Office
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
As part of the Asia Pacific team with senior leadership interaction, you will be responsible for supporting senior management in various business and corporate strategy projects, and client and market development activities.
This role will report directly to and support the APAC Chief Administration Officer.
What you will do
- Assists senior management in creating strategic plans, including developing marketing plans in new geographies
- Analyse new business opportunities by helping identify, research, and cultivate prospective strategic relationships with various institutions, markets, and individuals in new and existing markets
- Formulate and assists in the execution of calling strategies in both domestic and international markets
- Analyse industry trends, business performance, internal investment opportunities, and acquisitions
- Operate independently; with in-depth knowledge of business units and functions
- Carry out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conduct preliminary analysis
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- In-depth financial analysis and modelling
- In-depth knowledge of the Northern Trust product is preferred
- Experience within a Custodian Bank or Asset Manager, or consulting within financial services
- Adaptable with the ability to make judgment calls
- Manage senior stakeholders internationally and deal with different cultures
- Strong analytical ability - research, articulate, report and formulate ideas
- Product / Project / Business management experience ideally with strategic planning mindset
- Regional experience in APAC highly regarded
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- A College or University degree with relevant work experience
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.