Brief Job Summary:
An Analyst-REA is a role created to support Berkadia Mortgage Banker and his/her team (together called as “MB Team”) in performing preliminary underwriting of U.S. Commercial Real Estate deals. The Analyst would be responsible for a range of tasks from pre-application stage to loan closing. Working with the MB Team, the Analyst is responsible for prioritizing and reprioritizing their work based on their external client's needs working to tight and often changing deadlines. The Analyst will also be expected to embrace and live Berkadia’s values and have a growth and agile customer centric mindset.
Major Accountabilities (duties may include but are not limited to):
• Review and remain current with Berkadia lending requirements as well as Lender Guides
• Work independently on all the basic level tasks. Create property summary and market reports using various third-party sources like REIS/CoStar/Axiometrics, pull crime reports, order third party flood reports, etc. with utmost diligence and minimal supervision
• Review the rent rolls and current and historical income and expense of a property, and input the data into the financial models, run the Affordability with highest accuracy for review and approval by MB Team
• Order and review-3rd party reports, including appraisals, environmental inspections (if necessary), property condition inspections and seismic reports (if necessary), and credit reports on various companies, i.e. borrowers, sponsors, and tenants
• Analyze all third-party reports and borrower/sponsor/property related data to draft property and location overview, borrower/sponsor overview, create photobook, and prepare third-party comparison charts. With the available information, draft the strength and weakness of a deal to be reviewed by MB Team
• Diligently read and analyze all deal related documents and understand the nuisance of each deal. Share the findings and learning about the deals with the MB Team
• Complete all necessary tasks assigned by the MB Team proactively, within deadlines, being insightful, accurate and consistent
• Perform any other tasks or projects as assigned
• Proactively communicate with the MB Team via calls, email, or chats. Communicate daily progress on work prioritized, work completed and items outstanding and necessary to move the deal forward to the MB Team
• Keep the local Manager informed about any challenges and provide suggestion to improve/streamline the process
• Attend and actively participate in all meetings; local and global
• Proactively and constantly communicate with the MB Team about the challenges faced while working on the tasks and seek their feedback
• Create salesforce tickets for the tasks to be performed and communicate accurate turnaround time
• Be agile and continually work on self-development. Proactively use all learning tools at disposal; and consistently updating your technical knowledge and skills
• Open to learn new activities
• Take ownership of the work and collaborate with the MB Team to ensure the deals are processed within the quick turn- around-time
• Actively plan, organize, and prioritize the work to ensure internal and external stakeholder are satisfied
• Understand the working style of the MB Team and build rapport with team through proactive and effective communication
• Share the best practices with the MB analysts and other REA Analysts as and when required
• Have a positive and growth mindset
Qualifications Required (including education, experience and skills)
• A graduate with strong banking and or financial services experience is preferred.
• ACCA 9 paper complete
• Prior experience in financial analysis is an added advantage
• This is an analytical role. The ability to read and interpret documentation and to draw meaningful conclusions from multiple sets of information and distill it to actionable insights is crucial
• Must have excellent written and oral American English communications skills
• Should be IT literate with strong knowledge of MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• A highly proactive approach and a client centric mindset is required to be successful in the role as are strong time management skills
Conditions of work:
• This position is a X shift role; however, the role holder is expected to work whatever hours are necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and to meet internal and external client requirements
• While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from tasks and to assign other duties and projects as necessary
• The position holder may be requested to obtain passport and US travel visa and to travel to the US for additional training and development
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is an industry leading commercial real estate company providing comprehensive capital solutions and investment sales advisory and research services for multifamily and commercial properties. Berkadia is amongst the largest, highest rated and most respected primary, master and special servicers in the industry.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other status protected under the law.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. Our culture is driven by our core values: https://www.berkadia.com/about/vision-and-values.
To find out more about Berkadia, please visit our website https://www.berkadia.com/aboutus/
Berkadia Services India Private Limited is a subsidiary of Berkadia, located at Hyderabad, India.