We are Fortus. We’re business advisors and accountants. With over 40 years of experience, we’ve honed our skills and developed our service offering to deliver a much wider range of bespoke support and advice to ambitious business owners and their businesses.
Fortus is growing and changing at quite a pace! We’re an ambitious group of people with the same aim – to create a consistent, high-quality experience for our clients. Like us, our client list is growing – we’re supporting more and more of the UK’s ambitious business owners and it’s a real team effort. We’re helping them make courageous decisions to grow their businesses.
Our key to achieving this is through our knowledgeable, energetic and agile team who work hard to assist our client’s businesses, helping them not only with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
We always seek the best talent, looking for individuals who are technically brilliant, solution-focused and continually strive to be the best in class. Each member of our team plays an integral part in creating the unique feel and culture of our business, which in turn helps us continue to grow, develop and evolve.’
Position: Accounts Senior
Location: Northampton (NN4)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role:
The Accounts Senior will have the opportunity to work on an extensive and broad portfolio of clients within the owner managed space. Taking both ownership of a small individual portfolio, as well as working alongside Client Service Directors and Managers, you will be in a client facing role, establishing strong relationships with a significant number of business owners across the region.
The primary objective of the Accounts Senior is to play an integral part within the existing regional accounts team in delivering compliance services to the client base.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for a small portfolio of clients throughout the year; managing timetables / expectations, anticipating costs, raising fee invoices and agree / action dates for cash collection.
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies (including those under FRS102, 1A and 105).
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns.
- VAT Return preparation.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability, efficiencies and client experience.
- Utilising and promoting the use of cloud technology within our client base including the conversion of existing clients.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve technical issues which may arise on clients.
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client (including their staff) and acting as an ambassador for the business.
- Initiate and work with other teams across the region (including other service lines) to the benefit of the client including referring opportunities where relevant and minimising risk (to both the business and the client).
- Assisting and developing members of staff.
- You will be expected to professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
- You will be expected to attend training to further develop and maintain your technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Practice
- Part / fully qualified ACCA / ACA / AAT.
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst management, the wider team and with clients.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and a high level of attention to detail.
- To be able to identify business opportunities.
- Recent accounting experience is essential including knowledge of UK GAAP and Companies Law.
- Exposure to owner managed businesses is also essential.
- Technical ability with a knowledge of recent developments in relation to accounting and tax compliance (FRS 102 / FRS102 1a / FRS 105).
- Drive and resilience to deliver high levels of customer service.
- Commitment to building the reputation of Fortus through the quality of work provided, knowledge demonstrated and client experience
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Experience of key accounting packages (such as Xero, SAGE, QuickBooks) is also essential.
What is on offer:
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance x3
- Pension Auto Enrolment/Salary Sacrifice
- Benefits Discounts Portal
- Quarterly functions and events
- Parking on site
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Regular training and development
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.