We are Fortus. We’re business advisors and accountants. With over 40 years of experience, we’ve honed our skills and developed our service offering to deliver a much wider range of bespoke support and advice to ambitious business owners and their businesses.
Fortus is growing and changing at quite a pace! We’re an ambitious group of people with the same aim – to create a consistent, high-quality experience for our clients. Like us, our client list is growing – we’re supporting more and more of the UK’s ambitious business owners and it’s a real team effort. We’re helping them make courageous decisions to grow their businesses.
Our key to achieving this is through our knowledgeable, energetic and agile team who work hard to assist our client’s businesses, helping them not only with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
We always seek the best talent, looking for individuals who are technically brilliant, solution-focused and continually strive to be the best in class. Each member of our team plays an integral part in creating the unique feel and culture of our business, which in turn helps us continue to grow, develop and evolve.
Location: Scarborough, (YO11)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £34,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role:
Our approach is to ensure we provide our clients with the best talent for each service. That’s why we structure the business to meet our clients’ needs and are currently looking for a Client Services Manager to join our Peterborough team to help support this.
We deliver a first-class service to our clients and contribute to the sector as whole while undertaking a variety of work types for our clients including; accounts preparation and certification, auditing services, taxation compliance, outsourcing solutions, reporting for trade associations and consultancy & general advice.
- The role of Client Services Manager will have varied disciplines for one or more key clients including preparing service charge accounts, undertaking audit assignments and managing the junior team members in order to meet the client’s needs. The role will also entail involvement with practice and workflow management for the wider team.
- We anticipate the role to be split 65% productive (working on key client portfolios) and 35% internal (managing workflow of whole team and reviewing processes and controls).
- The ideal candidate will have an exploratory approach to working in order to identify and solve problems efficiently. Another important element to the role will be reading and interpreting leases as an additional dimension to the standard accounts’ preparation. Of course, training on this would be provided.
- You will be required to report to and work with the board of directors.
- ACCA or ACA fully qualified
- Have a solid accounting experience, ideally obtained within practice
- Knowledge of service charge accounting would be an advantage
- Experience working with IRIS or Xero would be preferential, but not essential
- Have strong management, communication and organisational skills
- Have experience of managing and controlling workflows in a practice environment
- Be able to confidently work alone but also be a team player
- Have excellent time management
- Have the ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and respond promptly to requests
- Be proficient in Outlook and Word
- Experience in Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
What is on offer:
- £34,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance (3 x salary)
- Pension Auto Enrolment (Salary Sacrifice)
- Benefits Discounts Portal
- Quarterly functions and events
- Parking on site
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Regular training and development
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.