We are Fortus. We’re business advisors and accountants. With over 40 years of experience, we’ve honed our skills and developed our service offering to deliver a much wider range of bespoke support and advice to ambitious business owners and their businesses.
Fortus is growing and changing at quite a pace! We’re an ambitious group of people with the same aim – to create a consistent, high-quality experience for our clients. Like us, our client list is growing – we’re supporting more and more of the UK’s ambitious business owners and it’s a real team effort. We’re helping them make courageous decisions to grow their businesses.
Our key to achieving this is through our knowledgeable, energetic and agile team who work hard to assist our client’s businesses, helping them not only with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
We always seek the best talent, looking for individuals who are technically brilliant, solution-focused and continually strive to be the best in class. Each member of our team plays an integral part in creating the unique feel and culture of our business, which in turn helps us continue to grow, develop and evolve.
Position: Accounts Executive
Location: York (YO30)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000 - £24,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on an extensive and broad portfolio of clients supporting the directors in the general accountancy and taxation duties covering bookkeeping services, the preparation of accounts and tax computations as well as general day to day office duties.
In essence, the primary objective of the Accounts Executive is to play an integral part within the existing regional accounts team in delivering compliance services to the client base.
- Supporting on a portfolio of clients throughout the year; managing timetables / expectations, anticipating costs, raising fee invoices
- Preparation of year end and management accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies (including those under FRS102, 1A and 105)
- Preparation of bookkeeping and VAT Returns
- Assisting in the preparation of tax computations
- Utilising and promoting the use of cloud technology within our client base including the conversion of existing clients
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve technical issues with may arise with clients
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client (including their staff) and acting as an ambassador for the business
- Assisting the team through the preparation of annual returns and regularly reviewing filing deadlines
- Initiate and work with other teams across the region (including other service lines) to the benefit of the client including referring opportunities where relevant and minimising risk (to both the business and the client)
- Responsible for dealing with ad hoc enquiries and provision of other accounts, tax and office support as required
- Previous experience in a practice environment
- Working towards a professional qualification, ideally ACCA, ACA or Level 4 AAT
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst management, the wider team and with clients
- Competent user of IT including Microsoft office
- Competent user of book-keeping software such as Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and a high level of attention to detail
- Recent accounting experience is essential including knowledge of UK GAAP and Companies Law
- Exposure to owner managed businesses is also essential
- Technical ability with a knowledge of recent developments in relation to accounting and tax compliance (FRS 102 / FRS102 1a / FRS 105)
- Drive and resilience to deliver high levels of customer service
- You will be expected to professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals
- You will be expected to attend training to further develop and maintain your technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification
What is on offer:
- £19,000 - £24,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Full Study Support Available for ACA / ACCA
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance x3
- Pension Auto Enrolment
- Benefits Discounts Portal
- Free on-site parking
- Quarterly functions and events
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Regular training and development
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.