Tax Senior (Compliance)
Tax Senior (Compliance)
We are Fortus. We’re business advisors and accountants. With over 40 years of experience, we’ve honed our skills and developed our service offering to deliver a much wider range of bespoke support and advice to ambitious business owners and their businesses.
Fortus is growing and changing at quite a pace! We’re an ambitious group of people with the same aim – to create a consistent, high-quality experience for our clients. Like us, our client list is growing – we’re supporting more and more of the UK’s ambitious business owners and it’s a real team effort. We’re helping them make courageous decisions to grow their businesses.
Our key to achieving this is through our knowledgeable, energetic and agile team who work hard to assist our client’s businesses, helping them not only with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
We always seek the best talent, looking for individuals who are technically brilliant, solution-focused and continually strive to be the best in class. Each member of our team plays an integral part in creating the unique feel and culture of our business, which in turn helps us continue to grow, develop and evolve.
Position: Tax Senior
Location: Peterborough (PE7)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Tax Senior with mixed tax experience along with some management skills to help develop the current team and expand the continuous growth of our current client base. The primary objective of the Mixed Tax Senior is to play an integral part within the existing tax team in delivering tax compliance and advisory services to our client base.
- Provide Tax compliance and advisory services where appropriate
- Supporting the tax advisory function, both personal and corporate
- Identifying opportunities to introduce other service lines within the business
- Utilising technology where appropriate
- Manage a portfolio of clients, including interaction with clients and colleagues to ensure all deadlines (client & statutory) are met
- Plan and manage the tax compliance function to ensure that clients are compliant, and all calculations submitted are accurate and timely
- Revision of technical and financial assessments prepared by other members of the team
- Identify other opportunities from your review of the company records and preparation of tax calculations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in tax, ideally obtained within practice
- Minimum part ACCA/ATT qualified
- Past supervisory experience would be beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to translate complex theories into plain English
- Demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness
- Project management & leadership skills
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Experience managing and controlling workflows in a practice environment
- Excellent time management
- Can work well under pressure, hit deadlines and respond promptly to requests
What is on offer:
- £22,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance (3 x salary)
- Pension Auto Enrolment (Salary Sacrifice)
- Benefits Discounts Portal
- Quarterly functions and events
- Parking on site
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Regular training and development
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.