Intern - Finance Analyst - Summer 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn:/lumentechnologies, Facebook:/lumentechnologies, and YouTube:/lumentechnologies.
Lumen's internship program is a 10 week, fast–paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Financial Planning and Analysis/Business Finance department will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. Interns will have the potential to be tasked with diving deep into aspects of financial results and ledger reporting to better understanding financial results. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting–edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!Job Description
• Tasked with diving deep into aspects of financial results and ledger reporting to better understanding financial results.
• Partner with the team to continue to increase automated reporting development.
• Gather and analyze large amounts of distributed data for analysis and decision support.
• Report on detailed product trends for Sales in the business
• Dive into detail on MISR reporting, among other items
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Data Science or related fields.
- Enrolled at a 4–year accredited college or university; entering senior year at the start of the internship.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Must have transportation to/from work daily.
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10–week timeframe (June 1–Aug 13, 2021).
- Understanding of financial statements (eg income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows) and financial return metrics (eg NPV, IRR, Payback, etc.)
- Must be a self–starter with demonstrated ability to effectively multi–task and prioritize.
- Good analytical/inquisitive thinking skills a must, with the ability to effectively summarize and communicate conclusions (via oral or written).
- Detail oriented and thoroughly reviews work to ensure accuracy of results/analysis produced.
- Demonstrated ability to work across diverse groups
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Financial modelling experience
- Experience with analytic and Business Intelligence software (Hyperion Essbase, Tableau, Power BI, and/or Anaplan preferred)
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and adapts well to change.
Bachelors or Masters Degree
Requisition #: 232414
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, ?protected statuses?). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.