Senior Finance Analyst - Monroe, LA or Broomfield, CO
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn:/lumentechnologies, Facebook:/lumentechnologies, and YouTube:/lumentechnologies.
As a Lumen Sr Finance Analyst, you will provide financial analysis and reporting support to various teams. This includes but is not limited to preparing periodic financial reports, budgets and forecasts as well as evaluating project business cases and the underlying assumptions of those cases. The role works with varying levels of management on other requests as necessary and with various teams to validate data integrity from multiple sources to provide insight and provide recommendations.The Main Responsibilities
- Interpret financial data to determine trends of the overall Business Unit financial performance
- Anticipate process obstacles and decides next steps
- Utilizes multiple systems to bring data together and provided analysis on operational activities
- Detailed knowledge of business they support and how their role impacts the Business Unit
- Provide professional advice, guidance and service to internal or external clients
- Financial and analytical support to organization
- Responsible for major elements of the close process including journal entry evaluation, results variance explanation, reporting, communicating and explaining results to clients and Business Unit leadership
- Budgeting and forecasting using drivers
- Partner with internal clients to provide financial data, consultation and make recommendations regarding completion of objectives, and improving operational effectiveness
- Gather and organize data used to prepare financial/business reports
- Establish, interpret and analyze financial data including monthly financial results, recommendations or preparing statements for business partners/stakeholders
- Perform financial data analysis to support Business Unit in analyzing corporate financial targets and operational objectives
- Generate special ad hoc reports and perform analysis as requested by supervisor, business partners/clients, and other Business Unit stakeholders
- Improve partnerships with key internal clients by identifying changing business needs, service expectations, quality and format of data provided, and identify opportunities to improve service levels
- Leads multiple, complex, and financial/business analysis projects
- Review and revise processes as financial and business conditions change
- Works on complex issues which require input from multiple sources and innovative problem solving
- Acts in a multi–discipline project leadership role working towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools and systems
- Interfaces to negotiate and exchange information with all levels of management
- Focus on company–wide processes and initiatives
- Step in for management when called upon to help lead meetings
- Support organization through training other analysts and business partners on key reporting and forecasting processes
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor s degree or higher in Business or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Ability to use advanced Excel functions.
- Ability to structure and convey ideas and information, both verbally and in written presentation form, in a concise, effective and persuasive manner to bring clear understanding to the target audience
- Ability to examine data from multiple sources to determine whether correlation and linkage exist between data sets
- Ability to organize and manage work in an efficient and effective manner to ensure task, milestones and goals are met according to defined timelines
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Prior work experience in regulatory or accounting.
• Knowledge of SAP software applications.
• Ability to work independently in a decentralized team environment
Working experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Access, Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint
Requisition #: 227223
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, ?protected statuses?). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.