Our client based in central Oxford is looking to hire an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their growing Finance team.
Our client is a hugely successful organisation which has gone from strength to strength in recent years meaning the company has continued to grow both in terms of market share in the UK and expanding across Europe. They are a highly respected company and are known to look after their staff.
The Accounts Assistant will take on a variety of duties and will be support the Management Accountant. The duties include:
- Maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers
- Maintaining and reconciling general ledger balances
- Updating revenue projections for projects and working with the delivery teams to understand the status of live projects and invoicing customers
- Reconciling credit card spend
- Completing bank reconciliations and monitoring daily cash movements
- Processing purchase invoices and staff expenses
- Credit control
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the Management Accountant with monthly reporting for overseas entity
- Invoicing for events
- Develop and implement your ideas to optimise financial processes
- Preparing the year end audit file
- Support with data gathering requirements for the ERP implementation
- Support to the Finance team with all necessary ad hoc tasks and wider Operations team as required
The successful Accounts Assistant will have a strong background in transactional finance with excellent knowledge and proven experience of debits and credits. The individual must have:
* Previous bookkeeping knowledge and/or experience at an equivalent sized company
* Proven experience and understanding of purchase and sales ledger, reconciling general ledger balances, bank reconciliations and credit control is essential
* Proven ability to analyse data clearly with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Accuracy and ability to learn quickly
* High level of responsibility and reliability
The individual must be willing to work in Central Oxford longer term and ideally be available on short notice.
The Accounts Assistant can expect to receive a competitive salary and a generous benefits package alongside working in a welcoming team and the opportunity for development internally.