Senior Operations Client Service Specialist , Associate-2
Who we are looking for:
Prepare, review, validate Total Expense Ratio reports sent directly to the client or used in client reporting; Review and correct expense accruals liaising with NAV production teams; Review and approve Client invoicing for State Street fees and management fees;
Who we are looking for:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Operations Client Service Specialist you will
- Prepare, review, validate Total Expense Ratio reports sent directly to the client or used in client reporting;
- Review and correct expense accruals liaising with NAV production teams;
- Review and approve Client invoicing for State Street fees and management fees;
- Review fund budgets and instruct accrual changes after consulting with the client;
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively within SSB teams;
- Assist in Client, Audit and NAV production expense-related queries;
- Take part in onboarding new tasks and operating model definitions;
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required;
- Update various logs and spreadsheets and control checklists on a regular basis.
What we value:
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the financial services industry; asset management, fund accounting, controlling;
- Experience in Fund Accounting environment is necessary;
- Demonstrate and understanding of fund expenses (fees: purchase, redemption, audit, legal & other expenses), total expense ratio production, accruals and true-ups, client invoice/rebilling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook & Excel;
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.