Senior Accountant - Doggett Machinery Services Baton Rouge, LA
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Position Type: Full–Time
Role and Responsibilities
• Support timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
• Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets.
• Prepare and files sales and ad valorem tax returns for various tax authorities monthly but not limited to conducting tax research and maintenance of tax matrices.
• Conduct internal sales tax audits
• Prepares and reviews monthly/Quarterly/Annual financial statements and management reports.
• Responsible for all Fixed Asset accounting and monthly Depreciation.
• Prepares ad–hoc reports as needed by Management team and Controller.
• Provide Information and support for Audit requests.
• Provide Accounting Support and Guidelines for all locations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
5+ years' experience in progressively responsible Accounting Positions
Bachelors in Accounting or related field.
Sales Tax experience ranging from knowledge of sales and use tax regulations. Sales Tax audit experience would be a plus. Must be able to process information quickly, be able to multitask, adapt to change, work overtime when needed. The applicant should have strong writing skills. Be a team player and be self–directing and require minimal oversight.
Typical Physical Activity
Physical Demands consist of sitting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, standing, walking, typing, talking, hearing and traveling.
The Senior Accountant must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
Doggett is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer