Job Summary: SR1 is a 501(c)3 award–winning non–profit that serves diverse populations in the areas of health, technology and education is seeking a full time Accountant/ Bookkeeper to oversee all aspects of the business financials.
This position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This position presents a great opportunity for development and growth for an individual willing to grow and grow with the organization, accept challenges, research solutions, forecast, and promote sound financial stewardship. Must be able to research, develop, and analyze budgets and ensure they comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
The Accountant/ Bookkeeper will support SR1's projects, as well as be responsible for processing accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner, generating accurate monthly financial statements, tracking funding income and expenses, and other duties as assigned by the Chief Operation Officer.
The Accountant/ Bookkeeper must have reliable transportation, must demonstrate qualities of reliability, consistency, fiscal strategy, and an ability to maintain confidentiality. Responsibilities may require adjusted work schedule.
- Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of GAAP and effective internal control environment
- Knowledge of Not–For–Profit accounting
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Skills to multi–task, manage time, and meet critical deadlines
- Skills to work within a diverse team structure
- Skills to independently complete necessary tasks without major supervision
- Ability to understand a variety of different grant and contract reporting requirements
- Ability to learn to prepare for and assist with annual audit
- Ability to organize, accurately document, and keep files updated
- Ability to write expense reports
- Ability to forecast and plan
- Ability to understand, write, and interpret budgets
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing and electronically
- Ability to incorporate excellent organization skills into daily tasks
- Ability to research and apply the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
Besides the passion, the successful candidate must have the required knowledge. During the interview, you must be able to prove the KSAs, so only qualified applicants should apply.
Résumé and cover letters should be addressed to: Human Resources SR1, Inc., P.O. Box 2839, Ridgeland, Mississippi 39158. No faxes will be accepted. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Selection Process: (1) Résumés are screened for minimum qualifications. (2) Telephone interviews are conducted with candidates successfully passing screening. (3) Face–to–face interviews are conducted with finalists. (4) Background checks will be performed. (5) Selection of staff finalized and offer is made.