Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $50000.00 to $60000.00 yearly
You could find the perfect full–time Staff Accountant position working for this terrific local company with a global presence. Looking for strong compensation and excellent benefits? This position could advance your career! Robert Half Finance is working with a thriving, fast–paced company that recognizes talent and effort, to find an ambitious, detail–oriented Staff Accountant. This is a challenging, multi–faceted opportunity in the New Orleans, Louisiana area, at a company where effort is rewarded. This role's duties will require you to handle inventory accounting, prepare journal entries, monthly and year–end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. Candidates who can participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes will be preferred for this role. You might be our ideal candidate, if you have a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
– Inventory accounting
– Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
– Thorough experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
– Assist with the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
– Oversee depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
– Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
– Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
– Perform the month end close and produce journal entries under minimal supervision
– Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
– Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
– Spreadsheet and database capabilities
– Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
– Recent and relevant accounting experience
– Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
– Self–starter and strong ethical standards
– Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
– Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
– Competent with spreadsheets and databases
– Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting
– Inventory experience
– Skilled with ERP systems such as Oracle, Dynamic, AX or PeopleSoft
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full–time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities – fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
?? 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.