Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $50000.00 to $60000.00 yearly
You might be the full–time Staff Accountant Robert Half Finance is looking for, if you're interested in becoming a critical part of an innovative company. Those driven by a challenging work environment with many components will thrive in this role. In this Staff Accountant role, it will be critical for you to prepare journal entries, monthly and year–end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. To thrive in this role, you will need to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Based in the Hammond, Louisiana area, this role is a career–building, multi–faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. We're looking for people who are detail–oriented and analytical thinkers with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
– Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
– Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
– Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
– Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
– In–depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
– Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
– Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
– Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
– Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
– Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
– Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
– Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
– Take part in various department–wide initiatives
– 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
– Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
– Knowledgeable of ERP systems
– Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
– Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
– Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
– Vow to meet business deadlines
– Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
– Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
– High attention to detail
– Command of project accounting
– Billing experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full–time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities – fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
?? 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.