Senior Technical Business Analyst
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Who We Are:
A privately held global financial services firm providing a wide range of services worldwide including, securities, research and investment management, with a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, hedge funds, and high net–worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and has global presence with offices in Boston, Chicago, London, Hong Kong, and other major financial centers around the world.
Senior Technical Business Analyst, a highly cross–functional, client–facing role, which means you get to work with front office, accounting, finance, operations and sales and business development teams. This Senior Technical Business Analyst partner with team of innovators and technologists to provide next–level solutions. This role is responsible for gathering data integration requirements, designing scalable integration between various applications, facilitating data governance, and optimizing data flowbetween various enterprise systems. The Senior BA will be responsible for the ongoing data management across multiple functional areas pushing improvements on services delivery and efficiency using data–driven insights.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Technical Business Analyst
- Partner with business sponsors and stakeholders to identify objectives, compile technical specifications based on business requirements, and to create and improve controls and procedures with a focus on automation and optimization
- Design, Build, maintain and enhance integrations, frameworks, models, and tools for delivering integration and master data management services
- Design high quality data models and representations in our flows/APIs. Identify, evaluate, and scale systems by automating and optimizing complex processes
- Drive successful integration of key business data and various enterprise systems such as NetSuite, Salesforce, ADP, Coupa, Cogent, Geneva, Castine, as well as in–house applications
- API integration of various third–party accounting software that track soft dollars, compensation payments, mixed–item expenses, and reconciliations
- Ensure the integrity of data under the purview of the projects, including establishing security procedures to protect and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and data security.
- Build large–scale batch and real–time data pipelines easily consumable by end users and other systems.
- Operate and maintain integration data methods, create scripts to execute adhoc and automated reports improving turnaround time
- Create and support the ETL to facilitate bringing data into the data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Creates repeatable solutions through written project documentation, process flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code to produce datasets that can be used in analytics and/or predictive modeling
- Effectively work seamlessly across finance, operations, technology, other internal functions, and external vendors
- Work closely with IT and execute complex project plans on time and on budget.
- Supporting end–to–end project execution
Senior BA Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a role responsible for managing, automating, optimizing enterprise systems
- Experience in end–to–end information delivery with data integration, advance analytics, business intelligence
- Previously built solutions integrating across enterprise multiple platforms
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, and supporting innovative Enterprise integration solutions with systems such as NetSuite ERP or Salesforce
- Expertise analyzing large sets of SQL data, running reports and datasets, creating stored procedures and running SQL queries
- Experience working with multiple data sources/data source systems
- Balance of strong business process knowledge and experience implementing mix of custom and package software to meet business needs
- Be a subject matter expert on of data management and data integration principles.
- Extensive experience in analyzing, gathering complex business requirements to create technical documentation and diagram, efficiently managing project schedule
- Well versed in requirements/change management, impact analysis and gap analysis.
- Some experience with big data tools & data warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake, etc)
- Financial services experience, preferably in the areas of investment banking and prime brokerage is desirable
- Must be results oriented, able to prioritize in face of multiple requests with ability to complete deliverables on time.
- This is a client–facing technical role and requires an individual with strong business analysis, analytics, data management, and superior communication skills.
Desired Skill/Experience for a Senior BA:
- Data–driven projects in the financial industry
- Experience with software: Geneva, Coupa, Cogent, or Castine
- Deep understanding of various Asset Classes
If you're an experienced Senior Technical Business Analyst who is passionate about data and analytics we want you to be a part of our #Fintech Team!
- Visa sponsorship/transfers NOT
- Position subject to complete background check. FINRA Rule 3110(e)
- This role requires NASDAQ hours.
- LOCAL candidates only!