Taxation Officer / Accounts Officer / Tax Officer, Farooq & Sons
We are looking for a "Taxation Officer"
The candidate must have expertise and experience of managing sales tax for 3rd schedule products and have prior experience of dealing with Tax authorities.
- Filing of monthly, annual and all statutory returns
- Responding to notices issued / proceedings initiated by FBR on timely basis without any unnecessary delay or adjournments.
- Maintenance of all taxation related documents and other FBR issues
- Able to make compliance independently for the notices/letters issued from the tax department.
- Identifying tax risks on an ongoing basis and striving to bring process efficiencies preferably through automation and implementing best practices.
- Maintenance of complete and up to date data as required under Income Tax Ordinance, and Sales Tax Act is maintained in soft and hard forms
- Ensure compliance with all Income Tax, Sales Tax & Customs rules and regulations
- Ensure accurate and timely Tax Reporting including application of all internal Tax Policies, Guidelines and Best Practices
- Capable of taking initiative and ability to meet steep learning curve with positive and can- do attitude
- Preparation of monthly Federal sales tax returns
- Ensuring timely settlement of all Statutory payments relating to Indirect Tax including monthly provincial sales tax withheld across Pakistan, Federal Sales tax payable on supplies across Pakistan,
- Preparing monthly Sales tax reconciliation to ensure all indirect tax ledgers are reconciled with the monthly return / withholding tax statements submitted with the tax authorities;
- Maintaining record of all Withholding Sales tax Challans and providing the same to the respective vendors on request
- Performing month end clearing of all GLs relating to Indirect taxes, and other statutory duties.
- Educating the stakeholders on best practices for tax compliance and keeping them updated with all changes in the relevant tax laws on a timely basis to ensure seamless compliance;
- Working as the first and final response person for issues / disagreements and queries relating to Indirect tax which includes liaising with internal stakeholders as well as vendors, customers and consultants for timely resolution;
Salary: Will be decided by the management depending on candidates experience and track
Core Responsibilities of the Job:
- Responsible for filling sales tax
- Submission of sales tax claims
- Follow up of sales tax refund
Prior experience in the same domain is must.
Degree Title: BBA / B.Com / Equivalent
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Experience: 5 Years
Apply By Date: Oct 31, 2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.