EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
The Business Manager is responsible for business management and strategic needs of End User Technology Experience (EUTX), a subfunction of Enterprise Workplace Technology, within EY's Technology organization.
Your key responsibilities:
- Collaborate and build trusted and effective working relationships with service owners, project managers, and various members within EUTX and other supporting functions
- Participate in special projects such as the operational internal workings of EUTX; talent; and or strategic initiatives.
- Support EUTX reporting needs both financial and accomplishment focused.
- Assist with BRET process.
- Facilitate and support the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and long range planning processes
- Perform detailed analyses of capital and purchased services spending for existing or planned services and/or projects
- Lead activities to ensure business cases are complete, comprehensive and relevant
- Lead activities to ensure sanctioned projects have well defined plans and budgets
- Lead / engage in program reviews, evaluating scope, financial and schedule performance
- Lead activities to assess the contractual, financial and service delivery performance of 3rd party suppliers, make recommendations for improvement, and as required, manage improvement programs
- Identify opportunities to improve the overall performance of the EUTX organization, present recommendations, plans and business cases to leadership, and then actively lead and / or execute said plans.
- Drive innovation, speed and quality across the EUTX organization
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time-to-time
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to clearly define problems, its main drivers, and next steps to implementing potential solutions
- Strong organizational skills with experience of managing processes.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment (either directly or indirectly)
- Very good understanding of key performance indicators relevant for the role
- Experience in working in a global environment and an ability to interact with different cultures
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse audiences and influence multiple stakeholders
- Strong client-service oriented communication, documentation, analytical, and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job and use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong expertise of Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel is required, including the use of formulas, creation of pivot tables, vlookup and advanced financial functions
- Working knowledge of EY tools such as PPM and BYTE will be an asset.
- 6+ years of experience in business analysis, product management and/or project management or a related discipline is desirable but not required, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Understanding of project management concepts and principles. Direct project management experience is desirable but not required
- Keen interest in technology and technology-driven service-oriented businesses
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid changes
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people to balance demands
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives
- Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates ability to define and manage processes
- ~5% travel may be required
What working at EY offers:
- Opportunity to develop technical and non-technical skills in a truly global environment
- Variety of platforms for upskilling including but not limited to Udemy, on-site trainings, language classes
- Flexible full time working hours with respect to your work life balance
- Modern and well located office in Wroclaw
- Non-wage benefits: private health care for you and your family, life insurance, MultiSport card, theatre and cinema tickets, shopping vouchers etc.
- Interesting top technology transformation projects with global impact
If it all sounds exciting to you - we are looking forward to seeing you on board.
Apply now to make your mark
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.