M&A Manager for Operations
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40,000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms and their external Clients.
Right now, we are looking for a M&A Manager for Operations to join our EY GDS Transaction Strategy and Execution team focused on providing strategic and operational IT services during merge and acquisition transactions for the biggest market players worldwide, in EMEIA or US regions.
We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors, assisting the clients to identify, capture and protect value in their transactions. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in Operations and IT who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities:
You will work in a transaction environment operating under tight M&A timeframes and demands, and be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role. You will also assist in aspects of business origination and attending meetings with clients to generate new business opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Specialism in at least three of these areas:
- Professional services / consulting;
- Transactions: ideally due diligence, carve-out or integrations experience; or
- Deep understanding of one or more core operational functions
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to link operational analysis to financial statements, and understand the implications of findings to client strategy
- +10 years’ of professional experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A track record of successful project delivery in corporate businesses where you are responsible for managing project team members and vendors
- Experience in the implementation of IT systems supporting / transforming business processes, and familiarity with IT trends
- Excellent written and verbal command of English (German or other European language will be a plus)
- Readiness for travelling for business meetings across EU (approximately 30% annually)
Ideally, if you also have:
- Experience in building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Merger & Acquisition transaction’s experience
- MBA degree
- Already gained experience in international environment (especially with US and UK)
- Strong writing skills and experience of producing high calibre reports, papers, presentations and thought leadership
What working at EY GDS offers:
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.