Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Project Team defines and delivers Front-to-Back product strategy & solutions by working with both our Business Stakeholders and IT Partners to maximize delivery capabilities to increase operational efficiencies. The team strives to deliver global, integrated product capabilities that increase the organization’s capabilities for our F2B clients.
The selected candidate will be responsible for synthesizing market requirements and working with the development team to deliver an effective solution to meet such requirements. He/she will also work closely with internal stakeholders such as BAU teams, solution implementers, support personnel, and training/documentation teams-making sure their needs are part of the resulting solution delivery process. The role will interact with clients by gathering requirements, evaluating potential solutions, considering client specific concerns, and distilling this information into a solution design and will play a pivotal role helping to drive product strategy, design, and development to meet market demand.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Analysis you will
- Assists in creation of both BAU and strategic initiatives and plans to define Model Office roadmap to reach future state goals.
- Actively engages and executes assignments for large and complex business solutions initiatives across Model Office.
- Supports the development of approaches and plans for resolving staff resource constraints/contentions, and creates plans/strategy for building and maintaining subject matter expertise within the business solutions team.
- Promotes business requirements analysis best practices, tools and controls to improve processes and quality of service.
- Assists in development and maintains ongoing repository of business process workflow documentation.
- Drives the creation of business case documentation and requirements analysis for Model Office.
- Work closely with Alpha initiatives to continuously improve our approach
- Partnering with Information Technology ensures proper communication of business requirements to ensure smooth implementation workstreams.
- Develop data and functional requirements and assist in the creation of related estimates
- Participate in information delivery and business intelligence strategy sessions
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources
- Assist in the data validation process
- Assist in the development the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts
- Perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve outcomes
- Study, evaluate, and document current and future business processes while staying aligned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Domain knowledge and be able to understand the various listed instrument types like Equities, Bonds, ETD Derivatives, Bank Loans, TBAs, etc.
- Knowledge / Experience in Middle Office Recordkeeping, Transaction processing, Front Office modeling and compliance engine support
- Proven related financial services experience. Good understanding of State Street businesses.
- Proven experience with business requirements analysis to meet critical business needs, must display an ability to drive tasks through to completion.
- Demonstrated record of leading others to achieve goals.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology, or related field of study or equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to interact and influence peers, managers and senior leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Project leadership and project management skills considered a plus.
- Very strong relationship management with demonstrated ability to work across business lines.
- Results oriented ownership mentality.
- This is an optional paragraph, remove if nothing inserted
- Here enter if for example: Travel up to 25% may be required.
- Maybe: Knowledge of additional European language will be considered a plus.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.