Junior Business Analyst
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate:
- Collects, analyzes and interprets business models, processes and operations to develop an understanding of business needs and requirements
- Supports the translation of business requirements into technical requirements and specifications, researching system and technical components to incorporate into the technical design
- Supports the interaction with business stakeholders to gather, understand, document and analyze business requirements
- Analyzes and reports on the outcomes of a solution / technology being implemented to provide input into decisions around whether it is meeting business requirements
Your key responsibilities:
- Prepares necessary materials and attends meetings and workshops with business stakeholders to understand and gather business / functional requirements, assisting in client assessments and beginning to form relationships with business stakeholders
- Collaborates with the wider team to understand business requirements and translates these into technical requirements for the review of more senior members of the team
- Assists with the production of technical specifications to guide system architectural design and development and supports with quality assurance tasks such as requirements traceability to ensure completeness of requirements, typically receiving instruction, guidance and direction from others
- Researches technical products and solutions to support the development of technical requirements, specifications, processes and procedures, delivering insights, models and options and supporting with process modelling and improvement.
- Assists in the review of test cases to ensure tests adequately meet the requirements and coordinates with infrastructure and operations teams to resolve system issues
- Analyzes solutions and technologies from the perspective of meeting business requirements and reports on outcomes
- Assists in business case development and in the completion of RFP responses, leveraging existing solutions and processes
Skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrates an understanding of business requirements, including how they can be gathered and interpreted.
- Demonstrates an understanding of technical requirements and specifications development, including knowledge of software engineering methodologies, reporting tools, modelling and testing.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Modelling and Notation.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, IT, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- 0-1 years of experience in consulting services with proven ability to creatively assist client with their business challenges
- Have domain knowledge of one or more industries or sectors, with broad knowledge of current as well as emerging technologies
- Understand product development and delivery framework especially Agile framework, DevOps practices and micro services
- Some relevant industry experience desired, demonstrating working knowledge of business processes, IT systems and an understanding of applicable standards
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Have a sense of urgency, decisiveness, ability to work well under pressure
- Broad understanding of IT Services, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skill (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate ability to articulate ideas and present strategies at all organization levels
- Have previous team leadership role
What we look for:
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What working at EY GDS offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.