Consulting - Financial Services, Business Transformation - Senior Associate
As part of the newly formed Business Transformation competency, EY is looking to expand its market presence within the Financial Services domain to help banks, securities companies, insurers, asset managers, asset servicers, asset owners and non-traditional FS players to align their business model to the new market realities and remain relevant for the time to come. Defining and implementing business transformation requires a combination of skills focused on driving broad, multi-disciplinary, front to back transformations with the client / consumer at the front and center. This marks a shift from the traditional approach to transformation, which is inward-driven, function-specific and focused on optimizing a single or narrow set of metrics, e.g. revenue, cost or control. Hence, we are looking for highly talented professionals who have experience with end to end transformations and redesigned client journeys, products, operating models, service delivery, middle/back office, controls, business enablers, etc.
Your key responsibilities:
- Participate and lead one of the workstreams in large scale cross-functional business transformations, engage with client leadership and deliver results
- Support the delivery of business transformation engagements with a focus in areas of business strategy formulation and planning, customer experience and user journeys, operating model design, transformation project management etc.
- Lead and mentor a team of junior consultants on projects and ensure exceptional quality of work products
- Contribute to proposal development and business development initiatives under direction of Manager
- Support development of EY thought leadership and points of view (POV) for Banking and Capital Markets sector
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or technology disciplines from a top-tier university
- 3+ years of consulting or industry experience in one or more Banking and Capital market sub-sectors – Retail Banking and / or SME Corporate or Commercial Banking and / or Capital Markets
- Candidates with less experience will be considered at Staff / Consultant level
- Displayed a structured approach to problem solving and working knowledge of issues-based consulting
- Proficiency in conducting primary and secondary research for monitoring key market trends
- Ability to positively engage across service lines and connect with multiple stakeholders, leveraging the global EY network
- Fluency in English, with strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Fluency in Cantonese preferred, but not mandatory
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A can-do spirit with intellectual curiosity and passionate to make a genuine difference while embedding meaningful, measurable change for clients
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, appropriate for senior executive level clients
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
What working at EY offers
- Industry certifications on Six Sigma, Lean Management and Agile methodologies
- Exposure to a wide range of industry sectors, clients, business situations and competencies
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.