Strategy and Transactions - Financial Services - EY-Parthenon - Strategy - Senior Accountant
Our Financial Services - Strategy and Transactions group is seeking to recruit experienced professionals into our developing Strategy practice. Joining us will provide individuals with fantastic opportunities to build on their current transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects as part of a growing practice area.
We continue to invest heavily in growing our geographical footprint as well as our account coverage and execution capability, as well as developing new areas of capability. Increasing globalization of our Financial Services business means that we work closely with colleagues in both Asia-Pacific and the Americas in respect of serving our largest global accounts as well as delivering cross-border engagements. Our clients including leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Governments. Our assignments are typically complex, integrated projects that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers.
To leverage our already strong credentials, and to strengthen our ability to provide front-end strategic advice to our clients, we are building a dedicated Financial Services commercial diligence and strategy capability to complement our financial and operational diligence, M&A, valuations and business modelling services.
We are looking for individuals who are able to make a significant contribution to the development of this new team. Ideal candidates will be excited about being part of a developing practice area with clear room to grow, supported by the strength and networks of a market leading transactions team and the reach of a powerful global brand.
The team, whilst based initially in Hong Kong, will have an Asean-wide remit providing significant opportunities for international travel. This is a unique opportunity to gain practice and business development experience as part of building the shape and direction of a new team, within a Big 4 environment. Areas of our work include:
- Commercial due diligence
- Strategy assessment
- Market entry strategy and opportunity sizing
- Product and business unit strategy development
- Divestment options analysis
You'll have a diverse range of stretching experiences which will give you continuous learning and development opportunities as well as a great sense of achievement.
Within SaT, the Valuation, Modelling & Economics (VME) team advises EY clients on a variety of issues concerning their investment, finance and dividend decisions. VME teams extensively with other competencies within EY to work on a diverse range of issues including, but not limited to, investments in fintech / insurtech, open banking, regulatory issues as well as the more traditional issues encountered in a transaction.
Your key responsibilities:
- Aligning with the account teams working on a variety of client issues, as well as helping to build out the team and participating in (or leading) sales opportunities with other senior team members and clients;
- Maintaining productive relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Building on the existing business through internal and external business development;
- Being innovative and insightful in considering industry trends and potential disruptions;
- Developing and guiding junior staff by providing timely, and effective performance feedback and training.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Ability to collect and utilize relevant business and industry trend information and to analyze this information effectively by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques;
- Analytical work experience preferably gained in a strategy consulting firm or a strategy department of a leading corporate;
- Ability to plan and deliver sections of work against tight deadlines;
- Being a true business advisor to the client and establish yourself as a key client contact, highly numerate;
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and the department
- Strong commercial sense and project management skills
- Experience in executing and managing research and analysis of companies and markets, preferably with commercial due diligence experience;
- Educated to degree level
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High interpersonal and communications skills, with a focus on building internal and external networks;
- Experience in and a passion for the financial services industry;
- The ability and willingness to get involved with business development;
- The ability to develop and manage junior team members effectively and positively.
What we look for
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across the service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO can take you!
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join EY in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.