Application Development / Maintenance, Sr Assc
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Application Developer, ,Sr Assc, you will:
- Provide efficient prototype development on innovation projects;
- develop Fintech products and platforms with the ideal befitting technologies;
- Database creation, integration and management；
- Design data model and develop server-side application directly interacts with the database and frontend code via an application programming interface (API)；
- Develop software best practices like test-driven development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration / deployment
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in programming in one of the industry's leading programming language (python, C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Familiar with data structure and algorithms
- Familiar with 1 or 2 SQL/NoSQL database: MySQL / SQLite / PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Cassandra
- Experience in using back-end frameworks to build server-side software, like flask, SSH or SSM
- Familiar with Web Server technologies (e.g., J2EE, Apache, Nginx (popular for static content, like images, HTML or CSS files), and IIS)
- Experience in High concurrency Web Architecture
- Understanding of the design and development of high-performance parallel Data Architecture systems; Experience with Data Warehousing and Data Modeling is a plus
- Experience with Cloud computing integration (e.g., public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, or private cloud environments) is a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark is a plus
- Work effectively with cross-functional, distributed teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, prioritize work, establish deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor progress of team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills. Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the project team.
- Entrepreneurial interest and business sense.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- General understanding of financial concepts is preferred.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above and minimum 3 years’ experience in related function
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.