Consulting – Financial Services, Data Privacy – Manager
Data privacy has become a critical issue for financial services firms. We are looking for an experienced and confident data privacy compliance executive to join our Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) team who can deliver expert data privacy regulatory risk advice, help manage projects and deal confidently with clients and regulators.
Your key responsibilities
Assist leading EY projects with respect to:
- Substantive matters of current and emerging Hong Kong, Singapore, Mainland China and possibly other Asian markets and global regulatory expectations governing data privacy, data localization, bank secrecy, data governance, including collection, usage, storage, transfer and retention issues
- Development of target operating models including the structure and function of data privacy roles, responsibilities across the three lines of defense
- Support the revision or formulation of new policies and controls aligned with regulatory and compliance guidelines and requirements
- Control & Compliance framework – understanding of core functions impacting data privacy: risk assessment, policy management, testing, monitoring and surveillance and reporting etc.
- Use of relevant technology solutions to manage these issues, promote innovation and achieve regulatory compliance
- Advice and guidance on structuring approaches to emerging regulatory compliance or regulatory findings with relation to data privacy
- Regulatory issue remediation related to data
- Regulatory change management including planning and communication with regulators
- Support policy development, advocacy and drafting assistance with relationship management between regulators and financial institutions
- Structure and function of financial services data privacy compliance roles, responsibilities and target operating models
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A university degree majoring in information systems, business, accounting or legal related subjects. Industry or professional qualifications in data privacy compliance are highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of solid experience in data privacy and other related regulatory compliance ideally in financial services firms. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at Senior Consultant Level
- Robust practical experience of data privacy internal controls, regulatory compliance, risk governance and related operational knowledge
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment of Hong Kong with experience in liaising with the PCPD and other key regional data privacy regulators. Experience with the HKMA, SFC, IA, MAS and other APAC regional financial regulators and in the Mainland Chinese market would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of data privacy and related regulations. Knowledge of related financial services regulations is an advantage
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese)
- Ability to interact with executive levels of clients, regulators and EY management
- Good influencing skills and stakeholder relationship management skills, conflict management/resolution skills and project coordination experience
- Strong report-writing skills, with ability to create and organize varying forms of business information while developing it into clear, meaningful, professional reports and presentations
- Ability to travel
What working at EY offers
- Support, training, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- A variety of roles and client experiences, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple client projects solving complex problems across financial services
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.