Group Financial Controller
Imagine an accounting career with incredible corporate support and greater autonomy to manage financial operations as you see fit. Experience an incredible company culture with a dedicated team that will help save you time and reduce your stress.
Seabee Cylinders, a leading cylinder manufacturer, is seeking an experienced Group Controller to join their team in Hampton, IA. This is a critical, highly visible role responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and controlling on an efficient and economical basis all group accounting operational functions.
Relocation assistance is available for a well–qualified candidate.
Benefits of Working with Seabee:
- Above average compensation package commensurate upon experience
- Benefits package – Including medical, dental and vision, 401(k) with match, HSA, life insurance, long and short–term disability, PTO, and paid holidays.
- Stability – The company has been around since 1976 and has established deep roots within the community.
- Company culture – Seabee is a diverse, family–like environment where you will get to know everyone you work with!
- Work satisfaction – Every day you will enjoy seeing the direct results of your work and how you make an impact!
- Interesting Product – The cylinders you make go into cranes, lifts, mining equipment, and oil well drilling equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interprets operating results as they affect group financial aspects and makes specific recommendations, which will result in cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Works closely with the President and each Plant Manger on all financial and accounting matters including, but not limited to forecasts, budgets, various operating analyses, etc., and expedites such to conclusion for best profitability.
- Directs group cash management, insuring prompt collection of receivables, as well as control of all payables to assure optimum cash generation.
- Administers group accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, forms control and records retention programs.
- Exercises staff supervision over cost accounting, accounts payable/receivable.
- Develops inventory control procedures affecting group operations, and is responsible for taking physical inventories.
- Consolidates group capital assets, maintenance and operating budgets, checks appropriation requests against approved budgets for availability of funds prior to commitment; and exercises accounting control to insure that budgeted expenditures do not exceed amounts authorized.
- Exercises supervision over the maintenance of the group chart of accounts; assigns new classifications and cost stations as may be necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for the correct and accurate accounting classification of group expenditures and documents, including capital and others and, in a timely and accurate manner, provides management with information vital to the decision making process.
- Acts as an immediate division contact with the parent organization's independent auditors on accounting matters.
- Directs the preparation of group statistics for periodic and yearly financial statements, including the preparation of charts and graphs showing progress, conditions and results.
- Directs the development of methods and procedures necessary to insure adequate financial control within each of the accounting operational functions.
- Performs all work in a safety conscious manner. Be aware of dangers and take all appropriate counter measures to protect yourself and others around you.
- Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area consistent with the Company's housekeeping policies.
About the Company: Founded in 1976 and located in Hampton, Iowa, Seabee has been providing some of the world's largest equipment manufacturers with hydraulic cylinders and engineered solutions for over 30 years. We are a fully integrated cylinder manufacturer; we have the capability to offer chrome plating and specialty steel castings to a wide array of industries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- 10+ years of experience in preparatory accounting and supervisory positions
- Substantial knowledge in advanced financial management, investment, business law, taxes and electronic data processing
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Manufacturing Experience
- Experience managing multiple facilities