Accounting and Financial Operations Manager (Luxembourg)
The D. E. Shaw group seeks an experienced professional to manage its Finance and Operations team in Luxembourg. This team handles financial and regulatory reporting, tax compliance and reporting, front office support, trade and cash management, legal and compliance, management company accounting, and the administration of accounts payable for multiple legal entities established in Europe. The role will provide exposure to the firm’s financial operations in Europe and an understanding of its operations across the globe with respect to management of its hedge fund vehicles and management companies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
The manager will oversee a small Finance and Operations team in Luxembourg responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting function, various regulatory and tax filings and payments, and other day-to-day activities of the D. E. Shaw group’s entities in Europe. Additional responsibilities will include ensuring compliance with various regulations, contributing to fund launches and related entity incorporations, entity liquidations, and managing budgets and fund flows.
The manager will collaborate with internal groups and external service providers to prepare for and participate in board meetings and ensure compliance with all standard corporate governance procedures. This individual will also develop systems to improve the operational efficiency of the D. E. Shaw group’s Luxembourg investment platform. The role may involve working on special projects such as supporting investment analysis and modelling, conducting historical analyses, reengineering and implementing process improvements, testing and integrating various types of software, and fielding bespoke requests from various internal groups (including senior management and the front office) and external service providers. The manager will have the opportunity to gain a macro view of the firm’s financial activities and learn about complex fund structures and transactions, and will enjoy substantial interaction with front office teams; Legal & Compliance; Fund, Trade, and Management Company Accounting teams; Tax; Treasury; and our software development teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• At least eight years of experience in public accounting or a mix of public and private experience in an accounting/reporting function at a hedge fund, investment manager, or other financial services firm is required, as is experience managing a high performing team.
• A CPA or CA is a prerequisite.
• Applicants should be proactive, detail-oriented individuals with an aptitude for accounting and a facility with numbers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an analytical approach to problem solving, and a rigorous work ethic are essential, as the position will require routine communication with employees at all levels of seniority within the firm and with external counterparties in multiple jurisdictions.
• Creative thinkers with excellent organizational skills who are willing and eager to take on new tasks as the Luxembourg platform continues to evolve will excel in this role.
Interested candidates can apply through our website via the apply button below.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or former employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other category protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on legitimate non-discriminatory business reasons.