Climate Change and Sustainability Services Intern/Staff
EY (formerly Ernst & Young) invites young professionals to join an international team, working in the field of sustainable development and climate change services in Ukraine.
We work with the largest companies in Ukraine and other countries that belong to various sectors of the economy. Our task is to help businesses and governmental institutions solve complex problems at the intersection of economic, environmental, and social aspects, to make their activities transparent, responsible while remaining profitable and efficient.
The services we provide to our clients include:
Business and government consulting:
- strategic consulting in the field of sustainable development, including the development of strategies and programs, assistance in building management systems and the development of relevant key performance indicators, risk analysis, and monetization, building an internal control system;
- analysis of risks and obligations of companies in the field of environmental protection, climate change, health & safety, and industrial safety;
- advising the authorities on political decision-making;
Assessment of the impact of business on the economy and society:
- assessment and communication of indicators of economic/social/environmental impact of the project/company/event/industry;
Non-financial reporting of companies:
- assistance in building and improving systems and processes of public reporting of companies, as well as in the preparation and communication of public reports (annual, non-financial, integrated, environmental);
- an independent audit of non-financial statements in accordance with international standards;
- assistance in building a system of communication with stakeholders, assistance in starting and improving relevant business processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- participation in projects to assess the impact of business on society (assessment of socio-economic contribution, assessment of social efficiency of investments, assessment of product life cycle);
- participation in conducting research for clients (regulatory environment in a particular sector of the economy, regulatory requirements in the field of ecology, industrial safety and labor protection, etc.);
- participation in the preparation of draft public corporate reports of clients;
- analysis of key client documents, including financial and management reporting, policies, standards, and procedures in the areas of operations, corporate governance, personnel management, environmental protection, labor protection, and industrial safety, as well as non-financial reports of companies;
- participation in the preparation of materials for interviews with representatives of the client company and information requests for data related to the client's activities in the field of sustainable development, as well as participation in interviews and preparation of materials on its results;
- participation in the preparation of presentations, brochures, research, and other analytical materials and recommendations for the client.
- higher education in economics, finance, or environmental studies;
- strong analytical skills and ability to work with large amounts of information;
- demonstrated ability to prepare logic, convincing, and concise presentations and business texts will be an advantage;
- advanced command of English (orally and in writing);
- advanced knowledge of office applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- experience in preparing public reports of companies (annual, non-financial, environmental, PR products, reviews, and research) will be an advantage;
- analytical mind, attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems in a short time;
- ability to learn quickly;
- positive attitude to life;
- readiness to work on a non-standard schedule.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a highly professional and dynamic team, a competitive reward system, as well as opportunities to participate in training and professional activities.
Work schedule: full time. For the period of quarantine restrictions due to the COVID pandemic, the company adheres to all necessary safety measures with the possibility of remote work.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.