Indirect Tax Analyst (Portuguese & Spanish Speaker)
The Baker Hughes Global Finance Centre (KL GFC) based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, is actively seeking to add a number of Indirect Tax Analysts to our existing 60+ professional Indirect Tax Team to manage the Indirect Tax compliance and controls for a number of countries across the world.
We are looking for experienced Indirect Tax Analysts from both Malaysia and across the world, to support all the language requirements and various tax jurisdictions for the Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific Regions.
If you are ready to take on a bigger challenge and join a professional team of Indirect Tax Analysts to manage the calculation, filing, payment and reconciliation of international Indirect Taxes and have the following attributes, please contact Baker Hughes immediately.
- Reporting to the Regional Indirect Tax Leads, to work with the other Indirect Analysts within the regional groups for the Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa and or Latin America regions to review and control all the Indirect Tax calculations from our various ERPs and to complete the periodic filing and payment of all Indirect Taxes (VAT, GST, Stamp Tax, With Holding Taxes, IVA, ICA, ICMS, INSS, PIS, COFINS etc.) for the country and legal entities assigned to you.
- Prepare and file all annual tax filings as required
- Liaise with external advisor to ensure all any changes in taxes are recognized and ERPs and tax filing is updated
- To work closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits
- Document and communicate abnormal tax expenses to Operations and Management
- Reconcile all balance sheet tax accounts monthly
- To assists in the day-to-day tax accounting activities which may include maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and/or in the preparation of basic financial reports.
- To improve tax accounting reconciliation through the usage of digital technology
- To execute indirect taxes calculations and submit the taxes returns in due date; Taxes and return may be; ISS, ICMS, ICMS-ST, DIFAL, PIS, COFINS, INSS, PCC, IRRF, SPED Fiscal; SPED Contribuicoes; DCTF; GIA; GIA ST; GIA RS; DIPAM; DAPI; SEF; etc.
- To oversee the tax payment guaranteeing it is done in accordance with the deadlines
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received.
- Support all Tax and statutory audits
- Any other duties as required.
Essential Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 3 -5 Years Indirect Tax Experience in any country and for any tax jurisdiction
- Proven records in tax reconciliation
- Proven record in Blackline, Mastersaf, and ERP (SAP and Oracle)
- Solid knowledge in the Brazilian Taxation (IPI, ICMS, PIS, COFINS)
- Good knowledge in various working tools such as Excel, Alteryx, Tableu, Power BI;
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Advanced English in written and verbal communication
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a diverse cultural team
- Other languages experience is added advantage
Preferred Qualification / Requirement:
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CA or equivalent professional qualification is an advantage.
- A proven ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to build and maintain network within and outside Indirect Tax.
- Possess positive thinking and attitude, professionalism, takes ownership of and accountability of the work product.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Team player and customer-centric attitude.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP or Oracle will be added advantage.
- We are actively seeking Spanish & Portuguese speakers.
- Plus: Post graduated or specialization in taxation
- Willing to work in Kuala Lumpur
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.