About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Supervisor to join our Highways team to work on the M4 Smart Motorway Project based in Reading, Berkshire.
- To provide professional site support services to project teams on site to support effective operational delivery.
- To be responsible for providing consistent, effective and efficient site support services in accordance with CSUK policy.
What you'll be doing
As a Cost Supervisor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Accurate costing and control of project expenditure, reflected in the timely production of monthly project cost reports
- Interfaces directly with the project staff to ensure projects receive adequate support and guidance from the site support function
- Ensure that site support processes are consistently and rigorously applied across projects in accordance with all relevant CSUK policies
- Management of new starts/ transfers/ timesheet input for weekly paid operatives
- Review accounts transactions processed by Cost Administrators including plant transactions, catalogue call-offs, material receipt/ GRN processing, invoice processing, PNPO processing, supplier query resolution, and other sundry transactions are accurate.
- Process accounts transactions including plant returns & queries, sundry sales invoices, rent, petty cash, minor value purchases, PNPO processing, supplier query resolution, and other sundry transactions
- Calculating project accruals for CVR
- Assisting with resolution of payroll queries
- Data gathering, recording and reporting for sustainability (CRC, meters, van logs etc)
- Assist with site set-up
- Management of project staff holiday records and timesheets (may change with self-service timesheets)
- Management of project ancillary staff cleaners, storemen, secretaries
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- The individual should have experience of performing a site admin role producing and reporting project cost either on a large site or across multiple sites in a construction environment.
- The ability to work with people at various levels both internally within Balfour Beatty and externally and apply and comply with the CSUK site support procedures is essential.
- This is a position of considerable responsibility involving ordering, receipting, invoice processing and payroll.
- A working knowledge of Oracle (or equivalent ERP cost management module) and construction/engineering working rule agreements is desirable.
- Numeracy and IT skills: MS Office packages including Excel (intermediate level) are required.
- The ability to influence key project stakeholders within the organisation to ensure good practise and a collaborative approach is taken to ensure efficient cost control on the project(s).
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.