Part Time - Legal Entity Accounting and Review # 160762
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Legal Entity Controllers sit in the Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) Process and are the main point of contact to the business partner managers for all financial information, including both routine and ad-hoc requirements, related to a single or a group of entities.
LEAR’s purpose is to support the Group Finance team and the Regional Legal Entity Finance teams in the fulfilment of their reporting and governance responsibilities via the delivery of materially accurate, policy- and GAAP-compliant core financials and baseline analytical review.
They are accountable (for a given Legal Entity or group of legal entities) for ensuring that financial reporting processes and controls in place within Financial & Management Accounting & Reporting (FMAR) are fit for purpose and that the quality of the outputs produced as a result meets business partner requirements (accurate, timely, etc).
Legal Entity Controllers are within and part of the process owner organisation.
- Responsible for the Legal Entity Accounting and Reporting of Swiss, Guernsey and Lux entities
- Assisting/Supporting the legal entity Close of books and records in accordance with USGAAP and Swiss GAAP policies and timelines
- Ensuring compliance with US, Swiss GAAPs reporting requirements where applicable; the LEC will draw on the expertise of the Accounting Policy and Assurance Group (APAG) and the key partner managers as required
- Performing month end Account reconciliation, adhere to SOX compliance requirements and documentation
- Performing reconciliation of accounts in accordance with requirement of the Organization
- Reviewing, analyzing and preparing month-end, quarterly and annual financial statement, MIS packs following timelines as agreed with the key partners
- Conducting first level of challenge and analyze information provided to gain reasonable assurance as to the quality and reliability of the information being acquired as necessary (e.g. conduct baseline analytical review, check key performance indicators adequacy; ensure appropriate hands-off, etc).
- Seek to work closely with other upstream departments such as Operations, Product Control, Tax, Payroll, and others as applicable
- Understanding the significant controls and processes that impact the entity and, where control issues are identified, acquire that control improvement plans are put in place, ensure timely raising of issues wherever required
- Assisting manager with processes improvement and new business initiatives.
Tasks and responsibilities would vary depending on the entity / role assigned, additional tasks would also include:
- Preparation of monthly Tax pack
- USGAAP and Swiss GAAP Accounting and Reporting of entity within S&G
- Analytical review, Journal approval and Review of book close of small entities within S&G
- Review of VAT returns
- Review of US to Swiss GAAP reconciliation
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Proven understanding of Accounting, USGAAP and Swiss GAAP
- Attention to detail and flair for numbers, accuracy
- Knowledge of key aspects associated with the financial documents and the notes to the financial documents of the legal entity
- Knowledge of the key processes that feed the legal entity reporting-relevant data and the related hand-offs amongst other departments;
- Knowledge of reporting systems and respective upstream feeds including an understanding of potential impacts on the end-to-end reporting flows
- Knowledge of the key processes for maintaining the accounting ledgers of the legal entity. The LEC must understand the data flows and related financial accounting controls for material and/ or higher risk balances within a legal entity’s general ledger
- Appropriate product knowledge
- Clear understanding of control standards by which the legal entity and firm is governed, including those established by the Pan Finance OpRisk Control & SOX 404 Compliance function
- Professional Accountancy qualification
- 3-5 years of proven post qualification work experience.
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.