This new and exciting management accountant role is working for a prestigious financial services company, who are looking for somebody to come in and support the finance manager with day to day tasks and managing the transactional processes.
This company based in Welwyn Garden City have been operating for over 100 years and are a leading brand in the industry, providing a high quality service to all of their clients. They have a small but dynamic finance team and are looking for a management accountant as they continuously grow, and are looking at improving current processes and procedures in place.
The key responsibilities include:
- Supervising the transactional team to ensure smooth accounts payable and receivable processes
- Completing all supplier and bank reconciliations
- Processing all accounts payable invoices and matching/coding them on the ERP system
- Ensuring all deadlines are met and the team are accurately processing data
- Accurately submitting reports to the finance manager in a timely manner
- Responsibility for closing the ledgers at month end and resolving any queries
- Constant development of junior staff including training and checking for/rectifying mistakes
- Managing the daily cash flow, preparing the cash flow forecast and taking ownership of the P&L
- Assisting the finance manager with all month end procedures and management accounts
- Process improvement and implementation of new procedures to ensure efficiency in the finance department
The successful candidate will ideally be nearing the end of their ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification and have similar experience in a role managing all transactional processes. My client will also look at candidates who are qualified by experience and have been in a similar role for a few years, ideally managing a small team. You will have experience of finance systems alongside Office and Excel and have extensive experience of end to end Accounts Payable and Receivable processes and reconciliations.
The successful candidate will get a competitive salary of up to £40k alongside great benefits and a study support package if required. They will be part of a dynamic team who look to continuously develop and progress their people professionally, and opportunity to grow within the company is inevitable for the management accountant.