Consulting Associate – Financial Services, Singapore (2020 Graduates)
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services.
Our FSO Consulting practice has an exciting opportunity for highly motivated graduates to join our team. Associate professionals joining our team will enjoy opportunities to serve diverse clients across multiple practices, while being provided learning, experiences and coaching to develop core consulting skills. Associates joining our team may experience working across Business Consulting and Technology Consulting. You will provide our clients an independent view of their organization’s business risks and areas of improvement. You will help develop pragmatic plans to enhance organization, products, processes and system, address issues and assist with implementing measurable and sustainable performance enhancements through the key service areas:
- Business Transformation
- Financial Services Risk
- Technology Risk
- Data & Analytics
- Digital & Emerging Technologies
- Technology Transformation
- Technology Solution Delivery
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to team with a variety of clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in a rapidly growing practice. You will work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences during your first few years.
Your key responsibilities
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business processes and requirements, performing root cause analysis, developing business cases and interviewing various resources to gather required information
- Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
- Demonstrating the ability to digest, incorporate and leverage new knowledge. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge
- Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry
- Ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues
- Able to identify project risks and issues in project / program delivery lifecycle (e.g., requirements, analysis, design, build, test, deploy)
- Able to effectively capture requirements, analyze and develop business requirements and/or functional design documents
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Leadership, teamwork and client service skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree in Computer Science, Data and Analytics, Engineering, Information System, Science, Technology related disciplines
- Demonstrate interest in understanding of Wealth & Asset Management, Banking and/or Insurance businesses (e.g., business models, channels, typical structure, industry terms and issues) and to be in a consulting role in a leading consultancy firm
- Demonstrate interest and/or experience in bringing together business and knowledge to deliver on business outcomes
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The EY member firms in Singapore, with a strength of close to 3,400 people and 180 Partners, is part of the Asia-Pacific Area, which comprises 23 countries across 6 Regions and brings together over 55,000 people to provide services seamlessly across borders.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.