Advisory Graduate - Risk Advisory Services
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. Whether it’s buying a new business, expanding internationally or struggling with financial difficulties, our team provide support and solutions that help businesses overcome challenges. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, you’ll be exposed to some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Advisory Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities.
Alternatively trainees can study towards the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIA) qualification. Focused on risk management, operation effectiveness, governance and controls, this internationally recognised qualification will enable you to develop and apply knowledge to a wide range of internal audit scenarios
The duration of either programme is 36 months.
As an Advisory Trainee within RAS you will be part of the team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of an audit and assurance assignment are completed on time and within budget.
- Complete allocated work to budget and timescale and the appropriate level of quality, following the RAS methodology and utilising Vision as appropriate, keeping the relevant manager informed of progress and issues
- Deliver exceptional client service through clear communication, both written and verbal and to ensure that a professional approach is maintained at all times. Note our key deliverable from the work we do is the production of a report, which needs to be of a high standard
- Support other graduates effectively and to be an effective RAS team member
- Have an understanding of the future direction of RAS, which relates to winning new clients, and gaining an understanding of business development e.g. assisting Senior RAS staff in identifying and bidding for new clients as well as conducting client-take-on procedures
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
- Ability and commitment to balance study and professional work
When you join us
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.