Financial Controller - Interest Income, Treasury & Balance Sheet Management #160706
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Our Net Interest Income Analytics team (part of Swiss Universal Bank Finance Services Wroclaw) is looking for a hardworking controller with a strong focus and proven track record in analytics within the financial industry. The team provides core support for interest income analyses. Thereby, we cover a decisive revenue stream by importance and by dynamics given the challenging global macroeconomic conditions in banking industry and regulatory requirements.
Team's responsibilities include reporting and commenting interest related performance of the division and segments, deep-dives into main drivers as well as forecasting of the income within the division, long term financial planning/budgeting and stress testing. This requires in-depth analysis of anticipated changes in interest rates and its impact on pricing and client behaviors next to close tracking of the balance sheet components development in regard to term and currency structure and its funding value. In addition, the team plays a meaningful role in implementation of steering rules for intra-divisional allocation of treasury revenues generated centrally.
- In-depth insights into the drivers of interest income as well as solving analytical challenges in a pivotal finance role while working for a globally leading bank
- Active involvement in monthly reporting and quarterly commenting of interest income performance of the division
- Direct responsibility for driving transparency around reporting and implementing lean models and processes
- Ongoing engagement in bottom-up forecasting and financial planning
- Support in various analytical projects, e.g. stress testing scenarios, sensitivity analyses
- Opportunity to develop comprehensive understanding of Capital and Liquidity management in the Bank
- Team working environment including close collaboration with our knowledgeable colleagues in Zurich
- A department, which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- University degree with focus on Banking, Finance or Mathematics
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytical position within a financial institution (preferably a bank)
- Interest in macroeconomics, capital and financial markets, banking products, capital & liquidity management
- Attention to detail and quality, outstanding skills for grasping complex concepts
- You are willing to challenge status quo and have a strong sense of accountability and eagerness to meet challenging deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Excel; VBA knowledge is a plus!
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance for employees and additional insurance options available for family members
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.