Fast growing locally owned and operated Commercial Construction business is seeking a critical Controller for their organization. This person will be a key member of the senior management team. This person will take on all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. This role will also manage financial risk, overseeing payroll, and benefit administration.
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, AP, AR, general ledger, cost accounting, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Prepare budget and financial forecast and report variances.
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting,
- Support month end and year end closing process.
- Provide Quality Control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Proven work experience in a senior accounting role.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting management experience.
- Advanced degree in accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month–end/year–end closing process
- Commercial Construction experience preferred