Financial Controller - Construction
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Overall management of the accounting & finance department with opportunity to implement and improve internal controls to streamline efficiencies.
Rapidly–growing construction firm that has seen great success over the last 10 years. It's an excellent time to join a unique company that has a diverse portfolio of exciting projects planned for years to come. Family–feel environment with opportunity to be leader within the company.
- Manage the month–end close, payroll processing, financial statements, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costing, budgeting, tax compliance, reporting and annual budgeting.
- Oversee day–to–day accounting operations and related process improvement.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting package.
- Budgeting & financial planning.
- Assist outside tax accountant with preparation of annual income tax and related returns.
- Month end close process, bank reconciliation, trial balance and account schedule reconciliations
- Establish internal templates and formalize processes related to financial reporting.
- Manage insurance requirements across all construction projects and vendors.
- Execute on property–specific accounting for investment properties and related entities.
- 4–year degree with a focus in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years as an Accounting Manager or Controller
- Must have experience out of the construction industry
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
Competitive compensation with:
- Bonus potential
- 401K match
- On–site gym
- Work from Home flexibility