The IT Business Analyst will work with Management and IT teams to leverage business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations, and systems.
You will research, develop requirements, model, diagram, design processes, and implement solutions to ensure completeness of technical ability to adequately address business concerns. The IT Business Analyst will also ensure integrity of solutions by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade–offs made in technical and business solutions.
* Provides positive user experiences through strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitates development of solutions that combine knowledge of business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
* Specifies and designs complex solutions or processes through research, analysis, and requirements management. Ensures that the proposed solution balances business, functional, system and user experience requirements.
* Plans IT Business Analysis by studying the business objective, strategy, and target audience; envisioning information structure, features, functionality, and customer interactions.
* Organizes information by translating data obtained in Requirements Workshop meetings into interactive requirements including: producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, customer experience journey maps, flowcharts, storyboards, business requirements, functional requirements, user stories, and use cases, as needed.
* Uses appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of solutions. Produces detailed requirements, user stories, and other modelling artifacts to aid IT development resources to translate these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation.
* Provides advice on business and technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes.
* Ensures that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly and consistently.
* Ensures the resolution of a variety of business problems and serves as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
* Manages expectations of stakeholders, co–workers, vendors and management throughout the software development process.
* Works with other IT analysts, developers, and architects throughout the software development lifecycle to ensure completeness of requirements coverage by facilitating and reporting on IT Level of Effort (LOE), development scheduling, development breakouts, and deployments.
* Project Management functions including: preparing presentations on complex issues on the area of expertise
* Scheduling DEMOs of new functionality
* Presenting to their peers to ensure consistency to C Spire's strategic direction.
* Other duties as assigned or requested.
* Baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent.
* Several years of experience in requirements analysis, planning and design including writing structured functional specifications, user stories, use cases, and test cases.
* Working knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies, object oriented development concepts, relational database concepts, UNIX/Windows Operating Systems expected.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills, summarization skills and comfort presenting to executive management.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, great political acumen, and emotional intelligence and be a business–focused, strategic, systemic and conceptual thinker, with an awareness of technology.
* Must be able to hold both a "big–picture" and a detailed view of business problem when considering solutions.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full–Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real–world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call –3411 or email .com for other accommodation options.