Audit Senior / Assistant Manager - Insurance (Full-time)
Who we are
We are an international audit, tax and advisory firm committed to helping our clients confidently build and grow their businesses. We always seek to understand our clients and their environments, adjusting our recommendations and support accordingly.
Present in over 90 countries and territories, we work together as one team across borders and functions to deliver exceptional and tailored services. We combine our skills and expertise with both a global perspective and local knowledge to provide clients with a broad array of professional services in audit and accounting, as well as tax, financial advisory, consulting and legal services*. We empower our people to help clients make the most of opportunities, operate with conviction, and give confidence to their stakeholders.
Mazars is a multicultural and united partnership with shared goals, values and service standards across the world. We take pride in our technical expertise and the quality of our work. With over 350 highly skilled professionals in Mazars Hong Kong, we operate 30+ offices in China with more than 5,000 staff. We have the skills and the scale to serve clients of all sizes, across all sectors, while remaining agile, personal and distinct in our approach.
We approach every piece of work with independence, accountability and a social conscience, and we take responsibility for shaping a sustainable industry as well as helping build the economic foundations of a fair and prosperous world.
*where permitted under applicable country laws.
What you can expect
As an Audit Senior, you will support the manager in leading audit and consulting engagements and will take responsibility for overseeing and developing junior staff. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing them an exceptional service.
By joining our dedicated Insurance team, you will get the chance to participate in audit and consulting engagements in the insurance industry. Clients range from brokers and intermediaries, to general insurers and those within the reinsurance, making us one of the leading auditors and consultants in the sector.
- Proactively maintain relationships with clients and other professional parties.
- Perform the planning and highlight key risk areas for manager attention.
- Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed on progress of the engagements.
- Handle work paper file during fieldwork stage and upon completion, raising notes and resolving issues on a timely basis.
- Draft reports or other deliverables to management and take a role in its delivery.
- Look for opportunities to offer additional services to existing clients and to convert opportunities with new clients.
Who we are looking for
- University degree(s) holder in accounting or related disciplines with CPA certification, or almost finishing the qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an auditor with hands on knowledge with insurance sector. IFRS17 knowledge or exposures are preferrable.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good communication skills, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader in a challenging environment.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, Chinese and Putonghua (both written and spoken).
* Applicants with stronger knowledge and more experience will be offered a higher position.
What we offer
Choosing the right start is the first step to a promising career path. We recognize that rewards are important to you. On top of the base salary you will be receiving, we offer a range of staff caring benefits and policies including medical insurance, a 5-day working week, discretionary performance bonus and birthday leaves.